Hi Aisha,
to answer your question, the only relevant publications that may help you
are reports. Chapters and user groups report at least annually, but we have
not done a comparison between affiliate groups. We have only done this
comparative studies for program mapping [1] and grants accountability
purposes [2].

You can find the annual reports on Meta here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Reports That page is where all affiliates
latest reporting is cataloged, and is always updated. Some of them are a
simple count of activities, others have more narrative and more data.

Hope that helps!

Best,

María
[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Evaluation/Evaluation_reports
[2]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Evaluation/Evaluation_at_the_Wikimedia_Foundation

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 5:41 PM Aisha Brady <aishabr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Could anyone point me towards any papers relevant to Wikimedia chapters
> (how they function, the work they do, whether they have been successful or
> otherwise)?
>
> Thank you! :)
>
> Aisha

María Cruz
Communications and Outreach Project Manager, Community Engagement