I am mulling over a new research topic: what researchers think about teaching with Wikipedia type of assignment AFTER having tried it? AFAIK we have a lot of papers on how to teach with Wikipedia, some on effects on students and some about what instructors think about Wikipedia in general, but correct me if I am wrong, nobody has actually asked instructors about their experience with it? And from my personal experience with seeing such projects on Wikipedia, I think there's a lot of people who try it once and don't come back and well, do we know why outside educated guesses?

Right now I am just brainstorming this idea, so any thoughts, up to and including suggestions for what questions to ask, etc. are appreciated.

Also, I am generally conducting solo research, and all my prior papers on 'teaching with Wikipedia' have been solo authored (and my goal is as always to turn this research into publishable paper), but if someone really, really, really would want to join this project because they love the idea, and would want to be a co-author of the future paper, and/or present the results at a WikiSym or such that I sadly go to every five years or so, feel free to send me a private message. No promises, but I don't bite :)

--
Piotr Konieczny, PhD
http://hanyang.academia.edu/PiotrKonieczny