From: Wiki-research-l [mailto:wiki-research-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On
Behalf Of Jesús Tramullas
Sent: Saturday, 9 February 2019 8:39 PM
To: wiki-research-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wiki-research-l] What instructors think about teaching with
Wikipedia AFTER having tried it?

Dear colleagues:

I work with Wikipedia in classroom since 2015-2016
(https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Proyecto_educativo/WikiDoc,_Universidad_de_Zaragoza).

Of course, I agree with the common problems about this kind of approach...

..but now I'm working on a specific area, asking the students: As new editor,
What do you think about the help pages in Wikipedia? Have you used them? Are
they helpful? Are they readable? Are they understandable?

So, my approach is to analyze the "technical documentation", identify problems
and propose improvements.

Cheers,

Jesús
--
"Investigación básica es lo que hago cuando no sé lo que estoy haciendo."
"Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing."