Alexandre Hocquet, 17/04/19 20:40:
My point is : as it can be imagined that the number of CC-BY scientific papers will likely sky-rocket in the next years, would not it be relevant to try to organise "CC-BY scientific papers" driven edit-a-thons

Importing text and images from freely licensed papers to Wikimedia wikis is a common practice. Several initiatives exist to further spread it. Wikimedia entities have stressed the importance of "libre open access" (free licenses) for over a decade now.