Hello All,

I am doing research investigating the role of machine translation in
Wikipedia articles. I am having trouble with how to know if an article has
been deleted from Wikipedia. Specifically, I am getting a list of articles
from the cxtranslation list and I would like to know which articles are no
longer on Wikipedia. I see that there is the deletion log form
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Log/delete> but is there an API or
some way to access something like this form so I could check if a mass
amount of articles have been deleted?

I have used the Media Wiki API <https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php> to get
articles and the API returns missing for some articles, but this does not
seem to be fully accurate for determining if an article has been deleted
because the API has returned 'missing' for articles that do exist.

To summarize, my main question is: given an article language edition and
article title, or an article pageid, is there an API to check if the
article has been deleted?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Doris Zhou