JFC Morfin wrote:

> 2. Since we have a W3C expert: what is the best document/book to get
> a comprehensive and clear (not too massive) documentation on the
> semantic web?

You surely don't want to know all about semantic web - especially the
Ontology stuff with OWL dialects and entailment regimes is far too
academic and won't be part of wikidata because of computational
complexity anyway. In short, you should be *very sceptical* and
cautious every time you stumple upon anything that requires inference
rules. Even trivial inference rules such as those based on owl:sameAs
and rdf:type can be problematic in practice! The less inference you
assume, the better.

I can recommend the "Linked Data Patterns" book by Dodds and Davis:
http://patterns.dataincubator.org/book/

Jakob

--
Verbundzentrale des GBV (VZG)