I am just curious if there has ever been discussion about the
potential for reimplementing / replacing the category system in
Wikipedia with semantic tagging in WikiData.  It seem to me that the
recent kerfuffle with regards to "American women writers" would not
have happened if the pages were tagged with simple RDF assertions
instead of these convoluted categories.  I know, of course, that it
would be a huge undertaking, but I just don't see how the category
system can continue to scale (I'm amazed it has scaled as well as it
has already, of course).

I am trying to learn more about wikidata, and have perused the various
infos and FAQs for the last two hours, and can't find any discussion
of this particular issue.

-- Chris