hello

On 27/02/2014 08:44, "Markus Krötzsch" <mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On 26/02/14 22:40, Michael Smethurst wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> *Really* not meaning to jump down any http-range-14 rabbit holes but
>> wasn't there a plan for wikidata to have uris representing things and
>> pages about those things?
>>
>>  From conversations on this list I sketched a picture a while back of
>>all
>> the planned URIs:
>> http://smethur.st/wp-uploads/2012/07/46159634-wikidata.png
>>

>> Where
>> http://wikidata.org/id/Qetc
>> Was the "thing" uri (which you could point a foaf:PrimaryTopic at)
>
>As Denny said in reply to another message, the preferred URI for this is
>
>http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Qetc
>
>This is also the form of URIs used within Wikidata data for certain
>things (e.g., coordinates that refer to earth use the URI
>"http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q2"; to do so, even in JSON).

Ok, makes sense

So the correct "sem web way" would be:
<link rel="foaf:primaryTopic" href="https://www.wikidata.org/entity/Qetc";>

And the schema.org way would be
<link href="https://wikidata.org/wiki/Qetc";
property="http://schema.org/sameAs"; />

> > and
>> http://wikidata.org/wiki/Qetc
>>
>> Was the document uri
>
>Yes. However, for metadata it is usually preferred to use the entity
>URI, since the document http://wikidata.org/wiki/Qetc is just an
>automatic UI rendering of the data, and as such relatively
>uninteresting. One will eventually get (using content negotiation) all
>data in RDF from http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Qetc (JSON should
>already work, and html works of course, when opening the entity URI in
>normal browsers). The only reason for using the wiki URI directly would
>be if one uses a property that requires a document as its value, but in
>this case one should probably better use another property.

Does that conflate the can't send that / 303 part with the content
negotiation part?

Guessing it follows the dbpedia pattern which isn't always nice to work
with

Personally would prefer /entity/ to 303 to a generic document uri and do
the conneg part from there

===

What about the second part of the question? Is there a full list of
supported uri patterns for wikidata?

If I know everything needed to construct a wikipedia uri (language and uri
key) is it possible to construct a uri that redirects to a wikidata Q
style uri?

Are there any convenience uris to map from wikipedia to wikidata?

Thanks
michael

http://www.bbc.co.uk