Hoi,
Transliteration is exactly that. My name is Dutch, it is used written the
same in English, French and German. They are languages I understand (up to
a point) I know that my name is pronounced substantially in all of them.

A name that is Ukrainian or Serbian could be should be transliterated
differently.
Thanks,
     GerardM