Hi Stas!

Your proposal is pretty much what I envision.

Am 14.06.2018 um 19:39 schrieb Stas Malyshev:
> I plan to display Lemma match like this:
>
> title (LN)
> Synthetic description
>
> e.g.
>
> color/colour (L123)
> English noun
>
> Meaning, the first line with link would be standard lexeme link
> generated by Lexeme code (which also deals with multiple lemmas) and the
> description line is generated description of the Lexeme - just like in
> completion search.

Sounds perfect to me.

> The problem here, however, is since the link is
> generated by the Lexeme code, which has no idea about search, we can not
> properly highlight it. This can be solved with some trickery, probably,
> e.g. to locate search matches inside generated string and highlight
> them, but first I'd like to ensure this is the way it should be looking.

Do we really need the highlight? It does not seem critical to me for this use
case. Just "nice to have".

> More tricky is displaying the Form (representation) match. I could
> display here the same as above, but I feel this might be confusing.
> Another option is to display Form data, e.g. for "colors":
>
> color/colour (L123)
> colors: plural for color (L123): English noun

I'd rather have this:

 colors/colours (L123-F2)
 plural of color (L123): English noun

Note that in place of "plural", you may have something like "3rd person,
singular, past, conjunctive", derived from multiple Q-ids.

> The description line features matched Form's representation and
> synthetic description for this form. Right now the matched part is not
> highlighted - because it will otherwise always be highlighted, as it is
> taken from the match itself, so I am not sure whether it should be or not.

Again, I don't think any highlighting is needed.

But, as you know, it's all up to Lydia to decide :)

-- daniel

--
Daniel Kinzler
Principal Platform Engineer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.