Might this be affecting our searches? The following query times out very
quickly on Chrome, and runs forever in Firefox before crashing the whole
browser (or is there a problem with my query?)

PREFIX wd: <http://www.wikidata.org/entity/>
PREFIX wdt: <http://www.wikidata.org/prop/direct/>
PREFIX wikibase: <http://wikiba.se/ontology#>
PREFIX p: <http://www.wikidata.org/prop/>
PREFIX v: <http://www.wikidata.org/prop/statement/>
PREFIX q: <http://www.wikidata.org/prop/qualifier/>

SELECT ?photographer ?photographer_label ?nat ?nat_label ?dob ?dod WHERE {
   ?photographer wdt:P106 wd:Q33231 .    # find items that have "occupation
(P106): photographer (Q33231) "
   OPTIONAL {?photographer wdt:P27 ?nat .}      # with a P19 (place of
birth) claim
   OPTIONAL {?photographer wdt:P569 ?dob .}      # ... where the pob has a
Country
   OPTIONAL {?photographer wdt:P570 ?dod ;} #where the pob has a state

   OPTIONAL {?photographer rdfs:label ?photographer_label filter
(lang(?photographer_label) = "en") .}
   OPTIONAL {?nat rdfs:label ?nat_label filter (lang(?nat_label) = "en") .}
   #OPTIONAL {?cob rdfs:label ?cob_label filter (lang(?cob_label) = "en") .}
   #OPTIONAL {?state rdfs:label ?state_label filter (lang(?state_label) =
"en") .}
        }