On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Hay (Husky) <hus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> considering number of times a property is used:i think that would be
> really interesting. Unfortunately, i don't know of a way to easily get
> a count of how many times a property is used.

Is this sill an issue or did a usable method come up later on in this thread?

Anyway, as an approximation, this can be taken from the weekly dumps.
My filter writes (amongst other this) a TSV file of these.  Last
week's top three were:

<pre>
-[ RECORD 2127 ]----------------------
prop     | P21
def_cnt  | 1
use_cnt  | 2866032
datatype | wikibase-item
label_en | sex or gender
descr_en | Sexual identity of  subject. Main: male (Q6581097), female
(Q6581072), transgender female (Q1052281),  transgender male
(Q2449503). For animals, use male animal (Q44148), female animal
(Q43445). For groups of  same gender, use "subclass of" (P279)
-[ RECORD 2128 ]----------------------
prop     | P17
def_cnt  | 1
use_cnt  | 4055618
datatype | wikibase-item
label_en | country
descr_en | sovereign state of this item
prop     | P31
def_cnt  | 1
use_cnt  | 15152571
datatype | wikibase-item
label_en | instance of
descr_en | this item is a specific example and a member of that class.
Not to be confused with Property:P279 (subclass of).
</pre>

GG