Hoi,
The standard is flexible. It allows you to add user defined parts. It
allows for language that have no recognised language code. The point is
that the solution for external parties cannot be found in Wikidata itself.
We have to use the standards if we want interoperability. We need
interoperability and we need to define what it is that is expressed. Once
we decide that a specific expression of language is in use, we stick with
that definition. It can only be deprecated if that is what people want.
Thanks,
      GerardM