Sebastian Hellmann, 20/09/19 11:22:
Maybe somebody could enlighten me about the overall strategy and connections here.

You can add more links to grants and other Wikimedia pages on <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Google>.

Google and the Wikimedia movement are on opposite sides for most things, but occasionally some of their employees (or algorithms!) happen to be interested in the same things as us, so we end up doing things together and a few breadcrumbs travel towards WMF. What matters to me is that they don't abuse our brands.

Sadly WMF is not always careful about communication, for instance <https://wikimediafoundation.org/our-work/> still has an appalling sentence "Working with partners like Google" right under the heading "Partner for change".

Federico