Hoi,
In my opinion, Wikidata is a flagship project of the Wikimedia Foundation.
With the current underperformance vis a vis demand, it is not only a
technical question what to do, it is also an organisational issue.

As I have written in several blogposts, the current underperformance
affects  the projects using Wikidata as its infra structure. What is the
official response to the underachievement of a key and strategic resource.
thanks,
     GerardM

http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2020/02/dear-krmaher-wikipedia-is-not-flagship.html