On 9/1/21 8:38 AM, Samuel Klein wrote:
> I like the idea of comparing live instances; could we pose a
> test-instance challenge, with some benchmarks, and invite different
> communities to take it up, hosting their own demos of what a
> well-tuned instance of WD could look like?  (Could also be hosted by
> us / spun up by advocates for a tool in our community; could also spur
> some kaggle interest)
>
> The size of the community actively interested in the health of
> Wikidata seems complementary information; alongside overall community
> size/health (which appears on the existing metrics list).   //S

Yes, but for best effect, in line with ultimate goal, it should progress
in stages:

[1] A basic Wikidata instance and SPARQL Query Service endpoint -- that
allows provides users and user-agents with 24/7 query capability

[2] Specific Query Related Challenges

There should be an open invite as part of an effort to move Wikidata
forward in light of its current scaling related challenges.

If we reach 3 stage-1 participants that would be awesome!

Related Links:

[1] https://wikidata.demo.openlinksw.com/ -- our live instance and its
free text query interface that's a segue into Faceted Search & Browsing

[2] https://wikidata.demo.openlinksw.com/sparql -- SPARQL Query Services
Endpoint

[3]
https://community.openlinksw.com/t/loading-wikidata-into-virtuoso-open-source-or-enterprise-edition/2717