Marko,

First, I just wanted to say it is *awesome* to see this level of
transparency and clarity about the state of the service.

Maybe this is over simplifying things but is it accurate to say that
there are two orthogonal problems here?

1. The underlying technology (BlazeGraph) is end of life and needs to
be replaced.
2. The Query service is open to the public, with no authentication,
which means the Wikidata team have very little idea who/what depends on
the service.

For 2 I wonder if it might make sense to start requiring registration &
authentication? Or is this not the wiki way?

//Ed