it would be hey James.. there must be organisations out there that do that.
I heard that Apple Australia issue macs in a box to all their employees, and
then it is up to them to work out how to get them running and keep them
running.

I think Utility web services with networked users and support is clearly the
way to go.. why is it taking IT units so long to catch on? Oh, I know.. jobs
on the line..