2nd Life / Second Life - I had the same problem, missing the play on
words. Sorry to be so slow...

Going beyond the basics as a collaborative effort sounds great. There
should be some nice spin-offs - mentoring, authoring, student
participation, reviewing and contributing.

Tutoring is an interesting issue. I am surprised / concerned that
anyone feels reluctant to ask questions in a "safe learning
environment" like WE discussions. We are all learners here. All
questions that should be asked and answered in a public forum where
everyone can benefit.   If we don't get that message across to every
participant, we have lots of work to do!

Some of the forum threads are intimidating. It might be appropriate to
have a Questions? forum devoted to questions of new participants.