Hi Alex --

Based on your own experiences -- do you think new people would be more
comfortable posting "how to" questions on a dedicated support forum for
WE?

This is VERY important for us as a community because WE want to assist
all newbies in achieving their aims.

As the community grows -- we are learning ourselves. There appear to be
different phases of capability development that have evolved. Our WE
community must find effective ways to support all levels in parallel.
In other words, if you join WE at any time there should be multiple
paths of support for all capability levels.  The "capability" phases
we've identified so far include:

* Phase 1: Mastery of basic editing skills (Individual and supported by
the Tutorials and the Learning4Content project)
* Phase 2: Individual content development where a teacher, lecturer or
trainer focuses on their own content projects without actively pursuing
collaboration with others
* Phase 3:  Implementing collaborative content development -- i.e.
strategising and actively pursuing collaboration opportunities.
* Phase 4:  Engaging learner in OER development.

You raise an important point about the value of reading the posts in the
main forum --- this in itself is a powerful vehicle to learn about the
community.  I think commitment to open and transparent dialogue builds
trust.

Appreciate the contributions -- this helps us on our continuous path of
development.