Hi Wayne

Tomorrow, I will be participating in a meeting of the Community
College Open Textbook Project
(CCOTP) Steering Committee. This is a consortium of community
colleges. Many projects are publicly funded or funded by foundations.
There are some similarities and differences that might be of interest
to you in your work.

Open Textbook Project http://www.collegeopentextbooks.org/
Open Educational Resources Consortium http://oerconsortium.org/

Funding, tools, distribution and adoption are all important issues.
I'll send an update if anything comes up that is particularly
relevant.

..vt