From: wikieducator-teacher-collaboration-fo...@googlegroups.com
[mailto:wikieducator-teacher-collaboration-fo...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Anil Prasad
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 10:32 PM
To: Wayne Mackintosh
Cc: WikiEducator;
wikieducator-teacher-collaboration-fo...@googlegroups.com;
wikieducator-t...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [WE Teacher Collaboration] Re: Shall we establish a
WikiEducator Community College?

Dear Dr. Wayne and all other friends,

It is very encouraging to note that we are unanimous in respect of the
need and definitely we have to finalize a name that shall not make any
confusion. The name Community College has already confused Harbans ji
with the US Community College system  and  Joyce has cautioned with
humor that the name is bound to confuse :) Therefore let us finalize a
name through a rough consensus poll as Dr. Wayne has suggested.

Now we may give 10 days, ie upto May 10, 2012, for our WE friends to
suggest names as reply to this mail. Thereafter we will run a rough
consensus poll for another 7 days (ie from May 14 to 20, 2012) to select
a name from the nominations.

We have two nominations already:

*       Open World College - from Patricia and
*       WikiEducator Academy - from Dr. Wayne

Hi friends, now please add your nominations as reply to this mail.

Dr Wayne, in his reply, has given an additional reason for us to be more
enthusiastic in this initiative "I think there are also exciting
opportunities to explore formal accreditation options for these training
opportunities through the OERu network in conjunction with open badges
for selected initiatives."

Hurry up!!!

--

Warm regards

Anil

http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Anil_Prasad

http://www.apletters.blogspot.com <http://www.apletters.blogspot.com/>

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Wayne Mackintosh