On Dec 18, 2008, at 11:03 AM, Carl Beckhorn wrote:

> This topic came up on this list a while back, and Jimbo Wales
> posted what I thought was a very reasonable opinion at
>  http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2008-April/092995.html

And that's a very good point about NPOV - I've actually long thought
that NPOV is a very clever way of dealing with the problem of deviant
epistemologies - from Lyotard to radical Christian fundamentalists.

I am not sure the point applies as well to NOR, where we do actually
run into the problem that we need to have some way of differentiating
between an acceptable interpretation of a source and an unacceptable
one.

-Phil