On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Alec Conroy <alecmcon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> JSTOR, as was said by multiple individuals above, is a perfect
> candidate to approach.   They're non-profit, they have some fulltext,
> and they could help greatly with out history articles.

JSTOR also claims ownership over a great deal of indisputably public
domain works. I'd hate to think that a penny of my donations to the
WMF would be going to support such organizations.

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Todd Allen <toddmal...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> I personally would even be willing to donate to cover WMF's costs
> against my access in this regard, provided they can negotiate
> reasonable block purchase pricing. Individual subscriptions are
> unfortunately rather priced out of the market.

Then as I stated in the old thread I linked to: Get a library card for
a nearby university library.  In absolute terms it's not cheap, but
it's likely the least expensive way for you to get the access... and
it doesn't require anything new: you can do it today.