2008/12/25 David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com>:
> At this point the prudent move for us is to do nothing and continue to
> exist. Which has actually worked out surprisingly well for us so far.

We've never run into anyone significant who's first reaction is to run
to PR people and lobbyists. The PRC is hardly western media friendly
and the poor IWF clearly isn't used to people caring about them. The
hard Christian right we ran into back in what may? weren't interested
in having any impact on the wider media. The various German people
have tended not to realise what they are getting into. It's actually
quite hard to come up with a company or group that is both rich and
media savy that we could end up seriously inconveniencing. School text
book people perhaps? Getty might be a candidate but their problem is
more the internet as a whole(and since they are still worth a couple
of billion they would appear to be surviving that). The pictures of
Mohamed thing was already overdone by the time it reached us but some
religious groups might be a risk factor I suppose.

--
geni