Thomas Dalton wrote:
> 2009/2/17 Matthew Brown <mor...@gmail.com>:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Those sources will give you stubs, will they give you much more? I
>>> guess it depends on how specific a field guide you have.
>>>
>> Stubs aren't bad things.
>>

> Indeed, but there are far more topics that it is easy to write a stub
> about than there are topics that it is easy to write a whole article
> about.

Erk... this is what we have the template {{notastub}} for.

"A short article is not a stub." Repeat 10 times under your
breath.

<sarcastic aside>
Otherwise, why would the 1975 Encyclopaedia Britannica
Micropaedia article on "Monastery" consist of 12 words?
</sarcastic aside>

But completely seriously, a subject that can be exhaustively
covered briefly, is not a stub. Period.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen