On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Here's another: when someone searches for an article (let's say "norwegian
> antarctic expedition")
>
> Incidentally, I find the following collection of facts rather curious in
> their ensemble:
> 1) "Norwegian Antarctic Expedition" was one of the most requested redlinks,
> with 25 or so hits

Strange.

> 2) There is a "WikiProject Antarctica/Norwegian Antarctica work group"

Not that strange.

> 3) Of the six or so norwegian antarctic expeditions I found with a quick bit
> of googling, only two were listed at [[List of Antarctic expeditions]].

Such lists are normally incomplete. I started "List of Arctic
expeditions", and immediately marked it as incomplete. I hope it will
end up as a useful timeline at some point.

> 4) The above mentioned Norwegian Antarctica work group claims credit for
> [[Alien vs. Predator (film)]] as a featured article.

Mistagging for the project by a bot (maybe using geo-cord tags),
presumably because the film was (I'm guessing here) set in the
Antarctic, or the Antarctic is involved somehow.

Carcharoth