On 12 August 2011 00:08, Gwern Branwen <gwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But things the white nerds who wrote Wikipedia care about, like comic
> books or MUDs or text games or anime which are underserved by RSs?
> Well, if they don't have RSs, they can go screw themselves. (If you
> care so much about fancruft, go work on a Wikia! We're busy trying to
> figure out how to deal with editor retention.)

That particular subgroup would probably be better served by setting up
a more conventional electronic open access journal. I would expect
being backed by the charity behind wikipedia would get it enough
profile to get some decent submissions.

Heh also paying for the scanning of the old time computer game
magazines would be a viable approach.

--
geni