On 14 April 2013 11:59, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 April 2013 11:44, Charles Matthews
> <charles.r.matth...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Indeed. As is characteristic of false dichotomies.
>> I was once asked by a prominent journalist where I stood on this. I
>> replied that it was a boring question. And that once I had defined
>> myself as deletionist on science topics, where we don't want cruft and
>> pseudo, and inclusionist on humanities topics, where we really cannot
>> always know what the academics will turn to next.
>

> When people from TV come asking for a (quote) "passionate deletionist" -
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/wikimediauk-l@lists.wikimedia.org/msg01448.html
>
> - we're well past the time of being able to talk sensibly in such polar terms.

Mmm, I remember that mail and whom I suggested ...

I'm still quite deletionist on BLPs because of examples where our
"rules" are too easy to game. I'm certainly not an anti-stub
deletionist because that I see as destructive of future growth, and I
improve many stubs these days. If "passionate" means "nuance-free",
which is a fair cop much of the time, then I agree with you.

Charles