On 20 March 2014 19:05, Lisa Gruwell <lgruw...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> ...  The Stanton Foundation covered all of the costs
> associated with it (approximately $50,000).  While WMF provided advice and
> posted the position on the Wikimedia Blog, Belfer made the final hiring
> decision, which is customary in fiscal sponsorship arrangements.

Hi Lisa,

I have been re-reading your statement and I feel there is some
ambiguity over how this is being explained here versus how it might
have been declared to others by the Stanton Foundation.

To be clear, could you please confirm that the WMF has officially stated that:

A. No grant or other money was ever taken or managed by the WMF for
Sandole's project/job.
B. The Stanton Foundation has never declared this as a grant for the
WMF or for WMF projects.
C. The WMF did not authorize or otherwise approve Sandole's project or
appointment and has never employed Sandole.
D. The WMF Fundraising department managed Sandole's contract[1]
E. The WMF has neither paid tax nor claimed tax relief as a result of
Sandole's project/job.
F. No financial benefit has been gained by any organization due to the
WMF claiming to be a "fiscal sponsor" of Sandole's appointment as no
money has changed hands.

I am aware that the statements may be contradictory, where this is the
case is would be great if the position could be unambiguously
clarified and the Wikimedia community could be pointed to what WMF
legal consider official and final public reports, noting that what
should be an official past report linked below has changed during this
discussion.

Links:
1.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimedia_Foundation_Report,_August_2012&diff=7907453&oldid=5390952