On 22 March 2014 09:40, Russavia <russavia.wikipe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone believe for one minute that
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Buck_passing&diff=551697085&oldid=549480580took
> 6 hours to draft? And anywhere between 0 and 3 hours to research?

Correction to link (missing space):
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Buck_passing&diff=551697085&oldid=549480580

The point made by Russavia on *extremely* poor value for charitable
monies is well made, especially as it now appears that the Wikimedia
Foundation had a duty of care in the form of line management or
oversight of this work. There are unimpressive direct links to Google
books as a source citations, against Wikipedia best practices. Were
this my research student I would wonder if they were surfing Google
books and as a result only reading partial quotes, rather than getting
the original out of the library and ensuring they have checked the
entire source material and understood what the author intended.

These are understandable beginner mistakes, but when burning $50,000+
a year grant money, I would expect WMF officially endorsed paid
editing to be first class examples.

Fae