On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 3:17 PM, James Salsman <jsals...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
>
> Your link to
> http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=120703,00.html
> in [1], which is cited in turn at [2], is dead, and archive.org won't show
> me what it used to be for some reason.
Just on a technical note, I can access this URL without problem, which
should be the IA's capture closest to the time when Geoff linked to
the page in his talk page comment (7 June 2012):
https://web.archive.org/web/20120618214851/http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=120703,00.html

> Do you please have a current link for the IRS regulations concerning
> political advocacy by nonprofits?
>
> Also, do you think it would be a good idea to make an annotated version for
> those of us wondering what is and is not allowed when recommending advocacy
> actions in support of volunteer quality of life to Foundation officials?
> Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> James Salsman
>
> [1]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Grants_talk%3AAPG%2FFunds_Dissemination_Committee%2FFramework_for_the_Creation_and_Initial_Operation_of_the_FDC&diff=3815742&oldid=3815636#Some_notes_and_remarks_from_Pavel
>
> [2]
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:APG/Proposals/2013-2014_round2/Wikimedia_Foundation/Proposal_form/Ongoing_work_areas#Political_advocacy:_We_ensure_our_views_are_known_to_politicians_who_threaten_our_values
> .

Tilman Bayer
Senior Operations Analyst (Movement Communications)
Wikimedia Foundation
IRC (Freenode): HaeB