Pete Forsyth wrote:
> I think there are very good reasons to be cautious about how much and
>what kind of advocacy the Wikimedia Foundation engages in, but by and
>large, the reasons are not *legal* ones. They're related to our vision,
>our mission, our strategic plan, and our model of community governance.

Yep.

Though since you mention SOPA, it's been over two years and I hope the
passage of time has made people more circumspect following that spectacle.
In my opinion, the video of Wikimedia Foundation staff members actively
cheering blacking out the English Wikipedia and the weaponization of the
CentralNotice extension did a lot more harm to Wikimedia than any bill
that the U.S. Congress was considering at the time probably would have.

MZMcBride