James,

You have continued this, and related, lines of questioning of multiple
staff members and of the community for quite some time now. It is clear
that you have not received an answer that you find satisfactory, and I
understand that, but may I ask what makes you think that you will receive
an answer that is satisfactory to you by continuing to ask the same
questions. It is possible, and in my opinion likely right now, that you
will never receive an answer that satisfies you given the realities of the
conversation.

My read of the discussions (and lack thereof) that have happened here and
elsewhere over the course of many years when you bring these topics up is
that the level of interest in pursuing your specific agenda is not only low
but, if anything, actively negative. That is not to say that many of us do
not, personally, agree with the goals that you espouse just that we do not
believe the foundation should be actively participating in them. Spreading
us too thin is not helpful for any of our goals and focus, including in
advocacy, is incredibly important.

I would encourage you, James, to move on from this line of discussion.
Continued work on it, whether it be via passive aggressive emails 'to'
staff members (while copying in a public mailing list), attempts to rally
up support through different mailing lists or via proposed surveys of the
community are unlikely to change the response that has been clear for at
least 5 years. I understand that you may not see these emails or proposals
in the way I described but I urge you look at them through others eyes.

James Alexander
User:Jamesofur