On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 9:54 AM, David Cuenca <dacu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A question to Yana et al.:
>
> Is there any reason for the WMF to promote/sign Zero agreements instead of
> the local chapters/user groups?
>
> I mean, if that ability was subsidized to the chapters we could have a
> different strategy depending on the country, because:
> - in some places the benefits of promoting Zero outweighs the risks
> - in some other places it is just the opposite
>
> By decoupling the decisions from the umbrella organization we would allow
> different strategies according to different needs, with the focus to
> converge on net-neutrality on the long term, but not now for everyone,
> which is not ideal either.
>
> Cheers,
> Micru

How would an affiliate have the ability to sign any agreements for the
delivery of WMF content? The agreements cover access to WMF-owned websites.
I can see local affiliates being helpful with translation, advice and
communication support etc., but I don't see that this kind of decision can
be decoupled from the WMF.