I think having a two part RfC with the first part discussing the minimum
conditions the community would like VE to meet before having a discussion about
more widely enabling VE in the second portion of the RfC makes sense. This
raises the possibility that as VE becomes more and more functional that the
community will incrementally approve of wider default use over time and
different presentations of VE to editors.

There are a lot of options for how extensively VE could be enabled and how it
can be presented to users with the community's consent, which we can discuss in
the second portion of the RfC. I have a draft for that portion off-wiki that I
will tweak depending on how the first portion looks before I put it on-wiki for
other editors to review.

Risker, would you like to set up the first portion of this, if this arrangement
sounds good to you?

Pine