(META: I have to wonder why Wikimedia-l was chosen as the venue for this
conversation.  Visual Editor is deployed and working in quite a few of our
projects, including very active ones and "difficult" ones such as the
right-to-left Hebrew Wikipedia; this discussion, then, is very much about
the English Wikipedia and VE, and would be appropriate in a venue more
specific to ENWP -- whether list or wiki.)

   A.

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 12:57 PM, ENWP Pine <deyntest...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think having a two part RfC with the first part discussing the minimum
> conditions the community would like VE to meet before having a discussion
> about more widely enabling VE in the second portion of the RfC makes sense.
> This raises the possibility that as VE becomes more and more functional
> that the community will incrementally approve of wider default use over
> time and different presentations of VE to editors.
>
> There are a lot of options for how extensively VE could be enabled and how
> it can be presented to users with the community's consent, which we can
> discuss in the second portion of the RfC. I have a draft for that portion
> off-wiki that I will tweak depending on how the first portion looks before
> I put it on-wiki for other editors to review.
>
> Risker, would you like to set up the first portion of this, if this
> arrangement sounds good to you?
>
> Pine

    Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org