To your specific points:

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Maryana Pinchuk <mpinc...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> (like this one:
> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:History/Babe_Ruth).

Even once the reader gets there, how many clicks does it take to get to a
contributor's User Page, where they might state things like their name, and
what they like to work on? I went through about 4 clicks and gave up.

> On the apps
> it's accessible from the footer, and on the web view the link is given an
> extremely prominent place in the UI, at the top of all articles (the "Last
> edited by.." line).

IMO "Last edited by" does not indicate that there will be a list of all
contributors. Did you do any user testing to see if people make that
association? It sounds like a stretch, but I'd be interested to see
relevant data.

-Pete