Hoi,
I am getting so pissed off.

Let us be realistic. The user experience sucks ... It sucks big time and
even though the "community" is comfortable with it, it impedes the use by
the people we do it all for. They are the READERS.. they are not the
editors and the least this is done for are the people who are so indignant
because their experience changes.

When you look at the last year, the biggest changes are driven by the
development for mobiles. The projections make it plain this is where our
customers will be. The existing Wikipedia with its monobook and what have
you skin will not be seen, used or be relevant to them. Our traffic is
transitioning to mobile. Editing starts to happen on mobile and if it is
not clear to the "community" that future development will be in this
direction they live under a rock or they are in denial.

Have a look at a Commons page on a mobile.. It is beyond bad and beyond
useful. With the Multimedia viewer it becomes useful. (NB there are things
in there that are brain dead but that is a different story)

WAKE UP. Our world is changing. Trying to shame the WMF development in a
different direction is counter productive, ill considered and even
destructive. When you are the "community", and when this is new to you, I
hope you will sit back for a moment and consider this.  When this does not
make a difference to you, there is always the right of departure. In my
brutal opinion we have no option but to move towards a more mobile centred
appreciation. The alternative is stagnation and irrelevance. That does not
need to happen when we accept that the world changes around us.
Thanks,
     GerardM