And that is a common community complaint, games communities, social
communities, and content communities.

They all say "fix the bugs before working on new stuff."  Developers prefer
working on new stuff, managers prefer working on new stuff. Where's the
kudos from making things bug-free?  But that is what is needed.

On 17 August 2014 13:48, Comet styles <cometsty...@gmail.com> wrote:

> yes but mediawiki is a software, not an "add-on" or as the kids say
> these days, an "App" which is what Media Viewer is. Enforcing
> something with more than a 100 bugs (and counting) is indeed not a
> very super idea..Fix the bugs or atleast half of them and maybe then
> try "enforcing them" (as WMF ignores community decisions)......
>
> On 8/17/14, Chad Horohoe <choro...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> > On Aug 17, 2014 6:49 AM, "Richard Farmbrough" <rich...@farmbrough.co.uk>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> There are 105 bugs open for Media Viewer.  To my mind that is not a
> > product
> >> that is ready to be delivered to 500,000,000 users, delivering  52.5
> >> billion bugs!  (And that's just the ones we know about!)
> >>

> > MediaWiki itself has 4893 open bugs. Guess we need to start over so we
> can
> > write bug-free software.
> >
> > Except that's not how it works, absolute bug counts are a pretty useless
> > metric.
> >
> > -Chad

> Cometstyles

Landline (UK) 01780 757 250