Facebook?

So tell me, how do you explain to new Facebook users about the different
levels of "privacy"?  Seems to me that I'm constantly hearing about people
having a lot of problems with that, especially since it's supposed to be a
key site feature.

I'm with you about indenting, it's always been something strange.  But
signing posts is very natural for a lot of people, and many, many online
sites encourage the development of "canned signature lines" - just as we do
with preferences, although we put more constraints on them generally.

Indeed, the majority of people in this thread have signed their posts.
Indeed, Jon Davies' "+1" in response to this post had a 588-character
signature line, presumably added to his mail client preferences.

Risker/Anne