Figuring out how Flow integrates with the watchlist and Echo is one of the
toughest and most important parts of the project. The feedback that the
team got from the last couple releases was actually pretty diverse, and
showed us that there's going to be a lot of work ahead of us to figure out
how to represent Flow activity.

Some people are seeing Flow messages as really important, something that
they want to get updates on right away -- and "right away" can mean either
in their watchlist where they go all the time, or in Echo where they'll see
the notification. Other people see Flow messages as something they'll get
to later, and they want to see more of a message inbox.

The interesting thing for me is that this doesn't seem to break down along
"new user" vs "power user" lines. People with the same level of experience
and activity can still use and think about those tools differently.

The work that we've done on the Flow/Echo/watchlist integration so far is
just a couple steps into what is going to be a longer process. We need to
build more options into the feature to help people choose what kind of
notifications they want to see, and where.

Danny