On 15 September 2014 19:24, Danny Horn <dh...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Some people are seeing Flow messages as really important, something that
> they want to get updates on right away -- and "right away" can mean either
> in their watchlist where they go all the time, or in Echo where they'll see
> the notification. Other people see Flow messages as something they'll get
> to later, and they want to see more of a message inbox.

And then you have people like me who see them as *both*, just not for
the same pages. I've suggested that some topics and boards should
raise notifications and not others, depending on how important each
topic is for the user.

At least one other editor suggested that this could be done with a
check ("notify me of updates for this board") to be selected on the
pop-up that appears when you add a topic to your watchlist. Is there
someone taking note of all these scattered suggestions in a central
place where they can be discussed?