> With that "busiest time of year" now over, but with all the discussions
> still fresh in our mind, I was hoping that the Fundraising team or
> Executive would have the time to respond to the various concerns that were
> raised here (and elsewhere) about the theory and practice of WMF fundraising.
> If responding here isn't appropriate, then at least over on Meta at [[Talk:
> Fundraising Principles]] where a fair amount of detail has been compiled,
> particularly by WMF Board of Trustees member SJ [2].
>
> There were some practical/specific questions, including:
> - why isn't fundraising using the same software to receive bug reports (
> phabricator) as everyone else?
> - why haven't the crowdsourced banner text suggestions been A/B tested?
> - why were new banners shown to people who had chosen to dismiss previous
> ones, and why were they allowed take up such a large proportion of the
> screen/obscure content?
> - has anyone responded to the Russian community yet to their polite and
> important question?
> [This is a non-exhaustive list, of course]
>
> But there were also more fundamental/theoretical questions, including:
> - what degree of 'urgency' is morally acceptable in a donation request,
> especially when the financial situation of the WMF has never been
> healthier/stable? (e.g. threatening phrases like "keep us online and
> ad-free for another year")
> - Is the practice of "finishing the fundraiser period as fast as possible
> by any means" the correct interpretation of the the official fundraising
> principle of "minimal disruption"?
> - Is the official fundraising principle of "maximal participation" being
> adhered to? That principle calls for "empowering individuals to
> constructively contribute to direct messaging, public outreach..." Does the
> WMF Board believe this has happened?
> - Is the current "we don't like asking for money so just give it to us and
> we'll stop annoying you" approach to fundraising (implied by the final
> phrase in the final 2014 campaign email "Please help us forget fundraising and
> get back to improving Wikipedia.") potentially damaging to the Wikimedia
> brand value, even if it does raise the money in the short term? Lila said
> that there has been "sentiment analysis" done about this, what was the
> result?

I would like to see the answers to these questions myself. I have put
them on [[:meta:Talk:Fundraising_principles]] and added a couple of my
own.
Feel free to add your own questions, my suggestion would be to use
that section for questions only and put comments in another section.

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fundraising_principles#Questions_to_the_fundraising_team_from_Wikimedia-l