On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Legoktm <legoktm.wikipe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/17/2015 09:54 PM, John Mark Vandenberg wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 7:07 AM, Keegan Peterzell
>> <kpeterz...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>> All accounts that will be affected by this will be contacted on their talk
>>> page within the next couple of days.[4] All local wikis also have a
>>> publicly listed database of users who will be renamed, available at
>>> Special:UsersWhoWillBeRenamed.[4]
>>
>> The message includes instructions to rename an account, but what
>> happens if a user unifies all accounts having the same name now, after
>> this announcement.  I've heard someone say that their account is still
>> listed on 'Special:UsersWhoWillBeRenamed' after they unified their
>> accounts.  Will their newly SUL'ed accounts be messed up in the April
>> SUL finalisation?
>>

> If you are connected to an SUL account, you will not be renamed. I filed
> <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T93044> for automatically updating
> the special page once this happens.

Much appreciated.

Can the global message be updated to mention that SUL'ing accounts is
an appropriate action to take?

I've already received 160 user talk enotif's from this message system
delivery, and from quickly scanning those emails I recognise many
usernames, so there seems to be many cases of un-SUL'd yet long
standing accounts of irregularly active people.

Also, lots of unanswered queries appearing quickly on
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Keegan_%28WMF%29 , which is
the talk page linked in the global message that was sent out.  It
would be good to have extra hands assisting answering those queries
accurately so users dont make the wrong choice about the identity.

--
John Vandenberg