I keep saying 14-15. The current and problematic plan is 15-16. Sorry about
that.

Pine

On Nov 27, 2015 12:02 PM, "Pine W" <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The public discussion on the 14-15 Annual Plan was quite limited and the
Board didn't publish their deliberations, so I don't believe that the
Board's current arrangement is sufficiently transparent, and without that
transparency it's impossible to know how detailed their review was. In any
case, the WMF published plan was far below the standard of documentation
that one would expect of the largest organization in the movement, so I
think that a change is in order. It sounds like there is now consensus that
there should be change, which itself is progress. The nature and extent of
the changes that are acutually made will tell us how serious WMF is about
transparency and good governance.

> Pine
>
> On Nov 27, 2015 11:53 AM, "Gregory Varnum" <gregory.var...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Personally - I favor third party and community review to a committee of
the board - unless the entire board is on that committee along with some
skilled community members.

>> IMHO, all of the tasks Pine mentioned the board members on the committee
should do are things I would hope all the board members are doing. Their
primary legal responsibility is financial oversight of the organization. I
would hope they are making VERY informed financial decisions, and that they
are all actively engaged in the process. Frankly, if they are not spending
that time as a group, I would much rather they find a way they do that as a
whole group rather than create a committee where only a few of them are
doing their their colleague’s due diligence for them.

>> -greg (User:Pine)
>>
>> > On Nov 27, 2015, at 2:19 PM, Lila Tretikov <l...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > One of the things proposed during our FDC conversation was a 3rd party
>> > review of the WMF annual plan. This could avoid the "circular" nature
of
>> > Board->FDC->WMF and also provide us with another perspective from an
>> > organization that has a similar scale.
>> >
>> > Lila

Committee

Budget