Regarding: "at the moment there is not even a clone that provides just the
same data.": creating an alternative host for a fork of Wikipedia is
possible, although labor-intensive and a bit capital-intensive, and it's
far from ideal. I feel that at this time the information available about
the governance of WMF, while deeply concerning, is short of the threshold
at which I would feel comfortable pursuing this option.

A reminder that we'll have 2 new trustees starting in January, and there
will be an election in 2016 for the affiliate-appointed trustees' seats. As
Yoda wisely said, "Always in motion is the future."

I'm contemplating a response to Patricio's email. I'm currently in the
difficult position of figuring out who to trust. It may take another day or
so for me to sift through my thoughts.

Pine