Hi All,

The core problem (as several times before) seems to me that all these broad
discussions are held AFTER things went wrong or a specific meta decision
got out of hand.

Obviously the current transparency of or even the current decision-making
process in its entirety isn't appropiate (anymore) for a movement of such
global variety and plurality.

The BoT is basically paralysed and most probably overstrained, because e.g.
for the sake of the rules of the current construct the relevant power play
decisions must stay non public, not to speak of possible hidden interests
which can conveniently sneak in. And as the icing of the cake a person
asking the wrong questions can easily be removed as a board member.

As much as I care basically more about the subject-oriented debates and the
discourse about the balanced appreciations of values I more and more
convinced that a critical review of the core decision-making processes
become necessary. Not as an end to itself, but to openly rethink the ways
how power and responsibilty in a global, pluralistic movement should be
organized. A movement with the kernel project of an encyclopedia still
being the biggest role model for the idea of an open and free knowledge
based internet (which not necessarily was to follow all the tech and social
media trends relevant to a more commercially oriented platform-monoculture
internet)

It's true, we have to change. But maybe the whys and the hows of change
should be discussed and decided more broadly, more democratically
represented as in the current structure. And especially BEFORE the paths
are already written in stone and the horses have bolted.

Best regards
Jens Best