On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Marc A. Pelletier <m...@uberbox.org>
wrote:

> On 16-03-14 10:33 AM, Steinsplitter Wiki wrote:
> > Per commons Policy's the RFC is valid.
>
> Then the policy is broken.  It seems more than a little insane to me
> that an opinion poll having had participation of a few % of a small
> community (active commons users) can make a binding decision for an
> entirely disjoint community many hundred times it size with neither
> participation nor even consultation.
>
> At the very least, the opinion of logged out users should be sought or
> at least vaguely estimated in some manner (I can think of several easy
> client-side ways of doing a quick opinion poll of at least a sample of
> them; or a couple of metrics giving hints).
>
> That RfC is akin to asking the print newspaper owners about making new
> rules for all web sites.  While I've no doubt that their collective
> opinions would be very good for them, I'd like something a bit more
> objective.  :-)
>
> -- Coren / Marc

Marc, that is how the policies work all over. Non-editing readers have
generally (with some exceptions) not participated in the crafting or
revision of policies or consensus-based decision-making. Anyone who thinks
the reader perspective hasn't been adequately considered should contribute
that point of view to the discussion, but the non-participation of
non-participants can't render all decisions invalid.