In case anybody believes Wikimedia Foundation personnel have entirely
forgotten this issue, please be assured that is not the case.
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T119595

Speaking for myself, I'm not convinced that taking action on a two year old
RFC at Commons is the most pressing component of this collection of issues
(though I understand and respect that others might feel differently).

I strongly agree with the principle that ignoring a request is far worse
than merely refusing to grant it. But I also feel that there is more
support for that perspective at the WMF these days than there has been
during the past two years. I think it's best if we all keep that
possibility in mind, as we make choices about what issues to bring up
again, and how to present them.

-Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]
(author of Letter to WMF on Superprotect and Media Viewer:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Letter_to_Wikimedia_Foundation:_Superprotect_and_Media_Viewer
)